____Connect with other SAPD Retirees____

Share issues, ideas, photos, and happenings that are of interest and/or affect police retirees.


Remember to visit and support
CoffeeCop Shops advertisers


If you would like something posted;
email to: blog@coffeecops.net.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Final Roll Call after 50 years of Service.


He spent more than half a century serving

the City of San Antonio.


Retired police Sgt. Alfred Trinidad died

Tuesday night, not even a year after his

retirement.


"It's just, just a tragedy," San Antonio Police Chief Bill McManus

told News 4 WOAI. Sgt. Trinidad spent 51 years on the force and

the last two decades working with patrol officers everyday at the

Downtown substation .

"His legacy is one of mentorship, coaching, stability," said Chief

McManus. People who worked closely with Sgt. Trinidad said they

miss seeing him come through the door, offering to help in any way

he could. The 73-year-old had been ill during the last several months

and was in and out of the hospital.

"He was a cornerstone of the department for so long... So many

people looked up to him. So many people. You know? He

mentored so many people," recalls Chief McManus.

Sgt. Trinidad leaves behind his wife of 46 years and two daughters.

He was preceded in death by his son whom he lost in 1998.


Reported by: Kristina De Leon
Email: KristinaDeLeon@woaitv.com
Last Update: 3:23 pm
10/14/09


Express News Obituary. ====


Mr. Alfred "PoPo" M. Trinidad Sr, passed away on

October 13, 2009 at the age of 73.


Alfred was a police officer and served the community of

San Antonio for over 51 years. He is preceded in death

by his son, Alfred G. Trinidad Jr; parents, Joe Trinidad

and Margarita Trinidad; brothers, Joe, Hector and Rueben;

and sister, Connie Zepeda. He is survived by his wife of

46 years Emilia Trinidad; daughters, Diane Ennis and

husband, David, Esther Harrah and husband Todd; son,

B.J. Trinidad and wife Jennifer; brother, Julian Trinidad;

grandchildren, Cody, Camryn, Chloe, and Kyle; numerous

nieces, nephews and tons of friends.


The family would like to thank Dr. Raul Montemayor, San

Antonio Police Department, Staff at Methodist Hospital

and the Staff at Vista Hospice Care for their exceptional

care and support.


Funeral services for Sgt. Trinidad

Visitation:
Friday, October 16th
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Porter Loring Mortuary 1101 McCullough

Rosary:
Friday, October 16th
7:00 p.m. Porter Loring Mortuary 1101 McCullough

Mass:
Saturday, October 17th
9:00 a.m. St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church
1710 Clower

Interment:
Following Service
San Fernando Catholic Cemetery #2
746 Castroville Rd.


3 comments:

  1. My heartfelt condolences.

    I regret that I am presently in Oklahoma City visiting our grandchildren until next Monday. I visited the Sgt. a couple of weeks ago. As much as I praised him for contributing so many years of his life to public service, it was he who praised me for having left at an early aqe where I could enjoy my family and grandchildren.

    His wife admitted begging the Sgt. to leave when he had 30 years of service, but he said that he wanted to go a few more years. She reluctantly agreed.

    I was so proud of the Sgt. having sent his children to college. One daughter an Engineer and the other a Dentist. Quite an accomplishment for a hard working Blue Collar Employee.

    I never heard the man brag....about anything. Here was a man who worked his eight hour shift alongside his district officers. He was right in the middle of everything; chasing Burglars, Car Thieves and Dope Addicts. Here was a Sgt. who earned his pay; something I can't say for the many I knew who spent their time in their offices studying for the next exam (after meeting for coffee along with four or five other Sgts.-Slackers). I had no respect for the slackers but had much respect for Sgt. Trinidad.

    Although I never worked directly for the Sgt. I did happen to chase a few of the same dope addicts on Guadalupe street back in the early seventies. I am sure I would have enjoyed working alongside of him.

    My heart goes out to the family and to my brothers and sisters in Blue who have lost a TRUE BLUE San Antonio Police Officer.

    May God Bless his Soul.

    Art Trevino (Retired 1994)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing I remember about Sgt. Trinidad was his going to his son's gravesite every day before going out on patrol. Now he doesn't have to "visit" anymore. He is embracing him along with Jesus. Rest in Peace my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much can be said about this good, &
    humble man, yet I don’t believe I can scratch the surface with the admiration, respect, & love that many of us had and were blessed to have served for him.

    It was after my probation that I had the honor of having served for about 6 months in his District. Little did I know then that the guidance he offered me would forever affect me in the most positive of ways, & having the good fortune to pass those teachings to my own son Cody who is now 25 years of age and is serving in the Army.

    I will forever be grateful to Sgt. Trinidad for taking the time during some of my most difficult years & cheering me up over a cup of coffee at Tink a Taco on Culebra.

    "Don’t make the waves larger than they already are; If your right you don’t compromise your integrity; You do your job to the best of your ability & earn your paycheck."

    Somehow it all seems so unfair that such a good man was somehow deprived of his golden years & retirement. I am going to miss him. May he
    rest in peace. Blessings & comfort to his wife & Children. - Ray Hernandez

    ReplyDelete