____Connect with other SAPD Retirees____

Share issues, ideas, photos, and happenings that are of interest and/or affect police retirees.


Remember to visit and support
CoffeeCop Shops advertisers


If you would like something posted;
email to: blog@coffeecops.net.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Val Lopez' widow needs your support.

I hope you will consider supporting me in 2008 COPS WALK.

Each year, approximately 160 officers are killed in the
line of duty. My husband (Valentine D. Lopez, Jr.) was one
of these officers in 2006.

Fortunately, my family had the assistance of a group called
C.O.P.S. - Concerns of Police Survivors.

(C.O.P.S.) is an organization that provides resources to
the survivor families to help them rebuild their lives
after such a tragedy.

On October 11th & 12th I will be participating in the
4th Annual COPS Walk. This will be a 2 day 25 mile walk
along the Potomac River outside Washington, DC.

My daughter's (Renee and Michelle Lopez) and I will be
walking in honor of my husband. My personal participation
may be compromised due to health issues, however, I have
committed myself as a participant regardless as to raise the
funds in his memory as I whole heartedly believe in this
organization.

Whether I'm able to walk or not, it's definitely an honor for
me as well, not only to do this in my husband's memory,
but also for the other fallen officers that had personally
touched Val's heart during his lifetime. These monies will
also help to assure that we can continue to support all
current and (unfortunately) future survivors.

Our goal is to raise $1,000 each for the C.O.P.S. organization
chapters. I ask that you support us and the others who
have also lost a loved one in the line of duty. Also walking in
Val's memory is my cousin, Rosanna Alvarado and Val's
fellow SAPD officer and close friend, Lt. Teri Neal.

Thank you for your consideration.

Below is a link for online donations.

https://www.nationalcops.org/WalkDonorSlip.htm

www.nationalcops.org <http://www.nationalcops.org/>

Please contact me w/any questions.

Thanks again,

Grace Lopez
210 410-8996

No comments:

Post a Comment